With the completion of my very first task for this project, gladly I moved on to the second one. This dealt with Object Oriented JS, as I haven’t coded using that before, I took some time to read the documentation and understanding its usages. Now that I was good to go, I analyzed the things I should be working on and what to convert to OOjs UI.
Here my task was to convert the editing interface of Index: pages to OOjs UI, it consisted of mainly text boxes and buttons. In OOjs UI, these were readily available as widgets and I just need to add them to the code. Once I found out the places that the code should be converted, I started coding as according to the documentation given for OOjs in Mediawiki. By the end of the week I was almost ready to upload a patch.